Updating Delivery Windows With the “Update Padding” Command
The Update Padding command is used to lengthen or shorten the amount of time between the pickup and delivery tasks (known as padding), by adjusting the time for the pickup. This command is currently available for ezcater command only. Reasons why we may need to adjust padding include:
- Lengthening the time between pickup and delivery due to a large order that may need more time to prepare or load/unload
- Lengthening the time between pickup and delivery based on driver feedback on traffic etc.,
- Shortening the time frame to avoid early delivery if the pickup ad delivery location are very close.
- Adjusting the pickup time to allow for pairing/stacking of orders.
Before adjusting pickup times make sure to confirm with the client that the CP can be prepared for the earlier pickup time to avoid waiting for preparation.
Deploying the Command
- In the command channel initiate the action by entering “/update” in the message field and selecting the Update Padding command from the dropdown list.
- Enter the order number followed by a comma, space, and the number of minutes that you confirmed between the pickup and delivery time. Press enter or send to deploy the command and check for the Frederick replies to confirm success.
- A successful command will have the following replies